After attending this brief overview of Motivational Interviewing, participants will be able to: Define Motivational Interviewing, Gain knowledge about Motivational Interviewing principles and counseling strategies, Define the Stages of Change, and Learn interaction techniques and MI traps to avoid.
Presenter: Mark Disselkoen, MSSW, LCSW, LCADC
Continuing Education Units: 1 CEU
This online course is approved for CEUs by the following professional organizations:
- National Association of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC)
- International Certification & Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC)
- Nevada Board of Examiners for Alcohol, Drug, & Gambling Counselors
- Nevada State Board of Nursing
- Board of Examiners for Marriage and Family Therapists and Clinical Professional Counselors
- State of Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers
The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in our courses are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of CASAT. Presentation materials are not for reproduction or distribution without specific written authorization.
This publication was supported in whole or in part by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health Bureau of Behavioral Health, Prevention, and Wellness through funding provided by the Nevada State Targeted Response to the Opioid Crisis Grant (1H79TI080265-02) awarded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA). The opinions, findings conclusions and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibit are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the official views of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, SAMSHA or the State of Nevada.